Visitors flock to the glorious Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, but that is just a small piece of what you will find if you visit Peru. Here the ancient collides with the modern resulting in colorful diversity and energy. Peru is a foodie destination, an adventure-junkie's dream, and a cultural haven all rolled into one. Savor the culinary wonders of Lima, fly over the mysterious markings of Nazca, horseback ride the deepest canyons, explore the native communities of the highest lakes, and take in the amazing biodiversity of the Amazon rainforest by boat. Our founder's recent trip was just the tip of the iceberg...
Trip duration: 9 nights
Great for: Families, couples and solo travel
Trip style: Culture, foodie escape
- Travel through archaeological Inca sites to the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Explore more than 30 walking, hiking and biking paths in the Sacred Valley and discover traditional villages still untouched by globalization, perfectly preserved ancient traces, and lost lagoons in the Andean pampa.
- Savor the culinary creations of some of the greatest chefs in South America on a culinary journey through Lima. Indulge in delicious ceviche, learn how to make the perfect Pisco Sour, and end your tour at the ancient adobe and clay pyramid known as Huaca Pullaca in the upscale coastal Miraflores neighborhood of Lima.
- Explore the cultural and historic sites of Lima from the Plaza Mayor to the San Francisco Monastery as well as the Larco Herrera museum, the Awanakancha Center, Ollantaytambo and more.
- Spend time exploring the charming colonial city of Cusco, the former capital of the Incan Empire, where you will find a bustling hub of textile markets, preserved Incan ruins, and whitewashed homes.
- Explore the otherworldly Amazon rainforest on a 3-night cruise. Head deep into the jungle - to areas inaccessible by foot - and explore the flora and fauna of the Amazon river and rainforest with a naturalist guide.